Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Obama, Obama

I saw this very inspiring political ad today that filled my heart with hope, and I was impressed with a few things; the number of endorsements, the many ethnicities, the music, his name becoming the mantra for change (Obama, Obama).  His campaign team, they are great, really they are.  Creating a video that resonates so well with a broad, diverse America is tough to do.  Tugging on those heartstrings of hope is impossible to resist.  Almost.  

They're so good, that they almost had me.  Then I remembered his spending budget.  I thought, "With this being the first election I can vote in, why would I possibly choose another ludicrous spender?" Don't tell me what you value.  Show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value.  Here's how I feel about him today: a demagogue who has nothing in his boat but old class-warfare speeches and a new political universalism.  

There are so many good things about him, but for my vote, nothing trumps how he spends my (and your) money. 

No comments: